2014年1月30日星期四

{ INSPIRATION: THE OBLITERATION ROOM BY YAYOI KUSAMA}

During the past winter break, I went to see Yayoi Kusama's solo exhibition, "A Dream I Dreamed", at MoCA Shanghai.
One of the installation art piece she did was named "The Obliteration Room".
Each visitor would be given some stickers of colorful dots of different sizes, and they can stick it anywhere in the room that is painted completely white. The white room would then be gradually "obliterated" over the course of the exhibition As more and more visitors participate, the room turns into a world of vibrancy.









2 条评论:

  1. Vivian, I love this piece! It must have been fun to put together (though probably exhausting) and a blast to observe.

    Here are a few questions for you to consider as you work through the beginning of this semester.

    How do each of these blogs relate to your larger project? It would be good to include a sentence or two for each blog post that relates to this long term aspect of your blog.

    How will you exhibit your project? Keep in mind that sharing your work will involve a public display (of course) as well as a reflection of the process that lead you to your final piece(s).

    Looking forward to your blog post during the next two weeks!

    回复删除
  2. I can see why this made such an impression on you! I agree that I want to hear more about how this relates to your project. You talked about some ideas and I heard you got permission to use some of the practice rooms. Good work with that! You are one post behind (you had another one due last night.) Perhaps your next post could address the questions Mr. Calos and I are asking. I'd love to see what your next steps are.

    回复删除